Glamping Hub Winter Weekend Getaway + Interview

Hi guys!

I just wanted to share a couple pictures from our winter weekend getaway with the Glamping Hub with you! We stayed in the White Oak treehouse at The Mohicans.

Hope you like it! Have an amazing Friday! 

Christina xx

& Below is my interview with the Glamping Hub! To see more, check it out here!

Choose three adjectives to describe the glamping site you stayed at before your trip and another three words to describe it post- stay. How did your expectations measure up to reality?
Three adjectives to describe the glamping site before our trip would be romantic, charming, and woodsy. I was really drawn to this site because of it’s charm. Fred and I were super curious and wanted to stay in a tree house and see what it was all about! Three adjectives to describe the site after our stay would be magical, cozy, and unique. The space was very magical, even more so than we imagined, and it was cozier than I was expecting. It definitely exceeded my expectations! 
Who did you go glamping with, and what was your favorite memory that you made together during the stay?
I went glamping with my fiancĂ© Fred. My favorite memory is exploring the tree house together for the first time! We were both walking around in awe of all of the adorable features! I loved seeing Fred excited about where we were staying. We kept talking about all of the string lights inside and outside of the tree house, and I had so much fun crawling up the ladder into the loft area to explore! was the best part about the accommodation? How does it compare to past places you’ve stayed?
The best part about the accommodation was definitely the uniqueness of the tree house and the area. I mean, how often do you get to stay in a tree house?! The whole concept and design was just amazing. I don’t go camping very often, but when I do, I like to stay in a cabin-type space vs. a tent. This tree house was definitely the coolest place I’ve ever stayed while camping. 
Describe to us the area around the glamping site. What do you think the perfect time of year to stay here would be, and why?
The area right outside of our tree house was an absolutely beautiful outdoor wedding ceremony space and grand barn. The path that led from our tree house to this area was lit with ground lights and hanging string lights; it was all very romantic! If you decide to stay there for a wedding, I would say summer or fall would be the perfect season for that! If you’re going for a cozy getaway, I would say that winter is the perfect season to go.
Tell us one thing about your first glamping experience that surprised you and why.
I was surprised to find that our kitchen was stocked! In terms of cooking utensils and appliances, we were all set to make whatever we wanted. We didn’t bring as many food items as we originally wanted to, because we weren’t sure what we would be able to prepare. We got to make our pasta dishes and our breakfast sandwiches, so it was a pleasant surprise for us!If you could have invited a famous celebrity (dead or alive) over to your glamping site, who would it be, and what would you have done together?
This might sound weird, but I think I would have invited one of our favorite authors...maybe F.Scott Fitzgerald. He could have told/read Fred and I stories in our little loft area.
What is your ideal food item and beverage for a glamping trip, and why? If you have a special secret or recipe, please share with us—if you’re willing, of course!
For trips, peanut butter and bananas are two of my food staples. I love to split a banana in half, coat it with peanut butter, and then sprinkle dark chocolate chips on top. It’s an energy boosting snack, and it’s delicious. That would be the perfect snack if you didn’t have access to oven or microwave. 
If you do have more appliances where you’re staying like we did, I love ham and swiss breakfast bagel sandwiches that Fred makes us. My favorite beverage for a glamping trip would probably be tea. I love hot tea, and I love icing my tea, so it’s a great choice for varying weather!
Do you prefer a more active or more relaxing getaway? Which did you opt for at the glamping site, and what was the best related activity in the area?
It definitely depends on the trip whether I prefer a more active or a more relaxing getaway, but I would say I more often choose a relaxing one. At this glamping site, I opted for relaxing. I was feeling a little under the weather during our stay, so I wasn’t being super active. I think the best activity was leisurely exploring the campsite. There were also wine and cheese tastings and antique malls nearby that we wanted to go to but didn’t get the chance!Fill in the end of the sentence: “This glamping site would be the perfect place for ____________________,” and tell us why!
The glamping site would be the perfect place for newlyweds and couples! The site has a beautiful grand barn for ceremonies and receptions, and the staff seemed very passionate about the weddings that they put on there. Their team was actually working on some very cool features that will be available to their wedding clients soon! If you’re thinking about or planning your wedding, definitely check them out! However, I would still suggest this site to friends and families.
Would you recommend glamping to family and friends? Do you see yourself going glamping again? Let us know why!
I would definitely recommend glamping to my family and friends. I already have been recommending this site! I definitely see myself going glamping again! Turns out, I like it way better than regular camping. I loved being completely surrounded by nature, while being able to stay very cozy and comfortable in our accommodation.

Post a Comment

thank you for being here :)
i'd love to hear from you!

Friends

DRESSHEAD

Follow

Instagram

bgbychristina