Style | Wedding Guest Style Guide + My Favorite Tips & Tricks!

Hey guys!

It's officially wedding season and I wanted to share some of my favorite tips and tricks with all of you! I often get asked the question "What should I wear to ___'s wedding?"! I've also worked in retail for many years and styled a lot of different women (and men!) for weddings. Through the years, I've found that one of the most stressful things about attending a wedding is the unknown. The more prepared you feel for the wedding you're going to attend, the more confident and relaxed you are! Not knowing the tone and dress etiquette of the wedding you're going to tends to be the number one stressor. So, I wanted to share my favorite tips to help you if you're unsure of how fancy the wedding you're going to is! Believe it or not, you can easily change a look from casual to dressy and vice versa just by changing your accessories!

 I've made a YouTube video sharing all my best tips & tricks. It's also a sort of lookbook, showing my favorite looks for most weddings, so be sure to check that out HERE!

I've also included an official Wedding Guest Style Guide by The Black Tux so you can quickly refer to it in your time of need! So if you want to get some inspiration on what to wear to the next wedding on your calendar, just keep on scrollin'!

Love,

Christina xx

My Wedding Guest Style Guide 

(I share all of this visually in my video!)

If you're looking for an alternative to the typical short to mid length dress, here are my favorites:

1. Jumpsuit or Romper
2. Maxi Dress
3. Crop Top + Maxi Skirt Combo

These 3 accessories can change your look from casual to dressy:

1. Shoes
I'm sure this one seems obvious! But I've been surprised just how much going from flats to heels can  change your look!

2. Necklace
In my opinion, longer necklaces give off a more casual vibe. Statement necklaces that sit higher, dress up an outfit!

3. Bag
For more casual weddings, I like to have a small cross body bag. For weddings with a dressier style, I like to carry a clutch.

My top 3 favorite coverups for a dressier look:

1. Detailed Kimono
2. Lightweight Crochet Cardigan
3. Cocoon Style Cardigan 

The Black Tux is a super cool company. I haven't left you out fellas! If you're looking for wedding suit and tuxedo rentals, be sure to check them out for a totally unique experience!

Here is the ultimate Wedding Guest Style Guide:
Find me on:

Your love Lord, reaches to the heavens; Your faithfulness, reaches to the skies. 
- Psalm 36:5



Post a Comment

thank you for being here :)
i'd love to hear from you!

Friends

DRESSHEAD

Follow

Instagram

bgbychristina