Recipes | 3 Fall Treats

Hey guys!

One of my favorite things about cooler weather is the treats! I grew up baking around the holidays and I have so many happy memories attached to trying new recipes in the fall + winter. This season, I've been looking for healthier options for desserts. I found a few of theses recipes on Pinterest while searching "fall paleo treats". I'm so excited with how they turned out! The dipped apples are definitely my favorite. The pumpkin spice latte bites were delicious too, they were Fred's favorite! I've actually made them a couple times because he's requested more of them! I made the fudge for my grandma's birthday and she said that she thought it was super good. It didn't turn out how I thought it would though. It tasted more like almond butter than a fudge to me, but I guess that's what you get sometimes when you're trying to make treats healthier. Overall, I really liked them all!

 Please let me know if you try any of these recipes & what you think of them! + I wanna know your favorite fall treats!

Happy baking!

Christina xx
These apples were so yummy! I want to make more of them ASAP and I want to make some for my mom to try because she loves caramel apples. 

Ingredients: apples, baking chocolate, caramel sauce, toppings of choice (sprinkles, pretzels, nuts, etc., popsicle sticks, parchment paper)

Steps:
Step 1: Wash your apples
Step 2: Cut them in half
Step 3: Use a knife to gently cut a slit into the bottom of the apple for the stick, be careful!
Step 4: Put the popsicle stick into the apple
Step 5: Place your apples on parchment paper
Step 6: Melt your chocolate (Melting chocolate is tricky! If you want to use the easy dipping chocolate sets that are available in baking sections of grocery stores it might be easier than melting baking chocolate over the stove or in the microwave. I melted mine in the microwave and it turned out okay though!)
Step 7: Dip your apples in the chocolate. I used a spoon to help direct the chocolate over the apple
Step 8: Let the chocolate dry on the apple. I placed them in the refrigerator to help them cool
Step 9: Get your caramel sauce ready. I tried to make a paleo caramel sauce from a recipe, but it was a fail ha ha. I couldn't recover it! So I caved and used caramel ice-cream topping instead.. definitely not a paleo or low sugar option but I decided to go with it. If you can make another kind of caramel sauce go for it!
Step 10: Use a spoon to drizzle the caramel over the apples
Step 11: While the caramel is still wet, sprinkle your toppings on (I used sprinkles, nuts and crushed up gluten-free pretzels)
Step 12: Refrigerate your apples to let them harden up a bit & then enjoy!
I found this recipe on Pinterest as well and it's also from The Big Man's World blog!

Ingredients: 2 cups smooth almond butter, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, coconut palm sugar

Steps: 
Step 1: First, line a muffin sheet with muffin/cupcake liners 
Step 2: Melt almond butter and coconut oil together in either a microwave or stovetop
Step 3: Stir in the maple syrup until mixed completely
Step 4: Divide the mixture into the muffin cups and place in the fridge or freezer to firm up
Step 5: Let them firm up for at least 20 to 30 minutes
Step 6: Before you serve them, sprinkle a dash of coconut palm sugar on them & enjoy!
 I found this recipe on Pinterest from The Big Man's World blog! Pumpkin spice anything, I'll give a try!

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup coconut flour, 2 tablespoon coconut palm sugar, 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup cashew butter, 1/4 cup organic maple syrup, 1 tablespoon coconut milk, cinnamon and coconut palm sugar for coating

Steps:
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, coconut palm sugar and pumpkin pie spice together
Step 2: In another bowl, heat your cashew butter and maple syrup until combined (you can use a microwave or stove top)
Step 3: Mix in vanilla extract
Step 4: Pour the wet mixture and pumpkin puree to the dry mixture and mix together
Step 5: Depending on the consistency, either add more flour or add coconut milk
Step 6: Use your hands to form the mixture into small bite-sized balls
Step 7: Roll balls into cinnamon/sugar mixture and place on a tray or plate 
Step 8: Refrigerate the bites for at least 10 to 20 minutes to firm up & enjoy!

Post a Comment

thank you for being here :)
i'd love to hear from you!

Friends

DRESSHEAD

Follow

Instagram

bgbychristina