Decor DIY: 3 No-Carve Pumpkin Ideas!


Hi guys! 

Today I wanted to share 3 of my favorite no-carve pumpkin ideas for this season! They all involve a little gold paint (go figure ;)) and some Halloween spirit! I'm not sure which of the 3 is my favorite because I love them all. I think the flower moon is too cool! This is just my take on it! I first saw a similar idea here on The Merry Thought. The pumpkin they made turned out AMAZING! The gilded gold mini pumpkins are Fred's favorite! & The ghost gourd is just too cute!

Hope you're having a great week! Let me know if you decide to try any of these ideas! 
+ Let me know what your pumpkins look like this fall!

Christina xx
Materials: towel or painting surface, pumpkin, paint brushes, black paint, gold paint, hot glue sticks, hot glue gun, artificial flower petals, scissors or wire cutter

Steps: 1. Lay down a towel or some newspapers to keep your work space safe from paint
2. Paint your pumpkin black. It took me two coats of paint to get mine as black as I wanted it
3. Paint the stem gold
4. Let your pumpkin dry for at least an hour before gluing on your petals
5. Cut your petals into the lengths that you want them to be (I left a little bit of their stems on them)
6. Dip your petals into the gold paint
7. Wait for the paint to dry on both the pumpkin and the petals
8. When everything is dry, use a hot glue gun to carefully place glue on the pumpkin in a spot you want to place a petal
9. Place a flower on the glue and press it down into the glue and onto the pumpkin for a few seconds to make sure that it sticks
(Feel free to first sketch out your design so your moon or whatever you make out of the petals comes out exactly how you like it. I just free handed mine, so it took some adjusting with the petals to get it how I wanted it!)
10. Glue on all of your petals to create your design!
11. When you're happy with how it looks, let everything dry for about an hour & then you have your finished pumpkin!
12. Decorate for fall!
Materials: pumpkins (preferably light colored ones), gold paint, paint brush, towel or painting surface
Steps: 1. Put down your towel or painting surface
2. Pour gold paint onto the top of the pumpkin (stem area) ... I poured a lot because I wanted my gold paint to be thick but you can pour as much paint on it that you want
3. Take a brush and brush over the stem with some of the excess gold paint
4. Pick up your pumpkin and carefully tilt it to the side to let the paint run down the sides to create that dripping gold look
5. Repeat step 4, but tilt pumpkin to opposite side
(You might have to do these steps a few times to get the thickness and dripping look that you want! I also used the paint brush a bit to help create the look that I wanted)
6. Let your paint dry, how long will depend on how thick the layer is
& when it's dry you have your finished pumpkin!
7. Decorate of course!
Materials: gourd, paint brushes, towel or painting surface, white paint, black paint, gold paint (optional), scissors or knife
Steps: 1. Put down a towel or surface for painting
2. Paint one side of the gourd white 
3. Let the gourd dry before you paint other side
4. Paint other side of gourd of white
5. Let that side dry
6. Use a paint brush to gently make 3 little circles on the "face" of the gourd (You can also use a sharpie! Or the back side of the brush to get a perfect circle!)
7. Cut the top of the gourd off if it makes your ghost look less ghost-like (I just used scissors and it came off easily)
8. *Optional* Add some gold paint to the bottom of your ghost, just to add some depth!
9. Let the gourd dry completely
10. Put your new little ghost up for some scares!

"You are my hiding place. You protect me from trouble. You surround me with joyous songs of salvation." Psalm 32:6-7 Amen that God is our hiding place! & Our source of all joy and salvation!

Post a Comment

thank you for being here :)
i'd love to hear from you!

Friends

DRESSHEAD

Follow

Instagram

bgbychristina