As some of you know, I am a warm weather girl all the way! I love the excitement of fall and winter and all of the special events that come with that time of year, but I absolutely love sunshine! I can't wait for Spring to roll around each year so I can get out my sundresses and experiment with warm weather beauty ideas. Fashion and beauty trends become a little more natural and boho and that makes me very happy!
When I first found out about the Garnier Whole Blends line, I was super excited! I've been looking for wholesome, loving hair care products for quite some time now! They have a variety of treatments that are tailored for each person's unique needs. I knew I had to try the Whole Blends Smoothing Hair Care products. The products are formulated with coconut oil and cocoa butter extracts. It's a rich formula that was specifically created for smoothing fizz-prone hair. My naturally wavy hair tends to get out of control, especially when humidity is on the rise. I've truly loved using these products. They have helped tame my frizz so I can enjoy fun hairstyles and they smell amazing! The Whole Blends Smoothing Hair Care shampoo and conditioner turn my shower into a tropical paradise. I picked mine up at Walmart and they had a nice display in the front of the hair care aisle so you can't miss it!
Now, let's talk about my 3 go-to hairstyles for Spring!
1. Tiny Braid Wrap Around
This hairstyle is so effortless. It's a messy chic look, so your two side braids do not need to be identical! For this look you take a tiny section of hair from each side of your head and braid it. You then wrap them around the back of your head and fasten them together with a hair tie!
3. Side Low Bun + Tiny Braid
This style looks a bit more elaborate, but it's really not! First, braid a tiny section of hair from one side of your head. Then, gather all of your hair into a bun on one side (including the tiny braid) and fasten it with bobby pins. It might take you a bit longer if you have thicker hair. My hair is very thin so fastening my hair into a bun takes me no time at all!
3. The Braided Crown
The braided crown is such a fun look for spring! It looks like it would takes hours to recreate, but it's way more simple than you would think! If you're interested in getting this look, follow through the steps below!
Supplies: shampoo, conditioner, brush, hair dryer, leave in conditioner, smoothing oil, bobby pins, two hair ties (preferably clear), headband
1. Begin with clean, freshly washed hair!
2. You can let your hair air dry, or use a dryer. My hair takes a very long time to dry on it's own, so I give it a little help.
3. Decide how you'd like to style your hair before starting the braiding process. Since it's all going to be up except my front pieces, I decided to just leave it wavy.
4. Apply smoothing oil. I also apply my leave in conditioner when my hair is dry. I find that it really helps tame my frizziness!
5. Pull half your hair over one shoulder and the other half over the other shoulder, because you're going to create pigtail braids first.
6. Braid the first side and secure with a hair tie. Be sure to leave some hair out of the braid if you want to have front pieces loose.
7. Lift your braid up and lay it across your head.
8. Secure the braid to your head with a few bobby pins.
9. Braid the other half of your hair and secure with a hair tie.
10. Lift the braid up and lay it across your head so it is side by side with the other braid.
11. Secure the braid to your head with a few bobby pins.
Voila! You're braided crown is now complete!
What hair trends are you excited to try out this season? What are your go-to hairstyles for spring? I'd also love to see the looks you create using the new Whole Blends smoothing hair care line. Share your picture on social media and use the hashtag #WholeBlends
Have an amazing week guys!